Friday, April 10, 2009

i no longer call myself a "christian"

ive been part of this church since 2003 and since then i felt like i was part of a new family - very homey.. until the time came that my church attendance was not 100% because of work or i was sick.

i have epilepsy. and for me to avoid attacks, i have to have atleast 8 hours of sleep everyday. in 2005, i had transferred and tried my luck in the IT world (which i shouldve been part of since i was a comsci grad). anyway, part of the job was to work on graveyard shift which means that i should be asleep in the morning and work in the evening.

you see, worship on sundays are fine. but there are also activities on saturdays that i SHOULD be there (as what the "elders' wives and my so-called friends would say). of course, i couldn't attend activities on a saturday because i need to catch up on my 8-hour sleep.

and so, i wasn't having the complete attendance then.

they started calling me "not holy", "prodigal daughter", "the one who doesn't read the Bible" blah blah blah.

i was able to swallow all those... but then a friend of mine told me it isn't fair. so i started praying for transferring to a new church.

just this year, i was able to. :) thank goodness!

*to be continued*

1 comment: